Unapologetic About Salvation
Read Hebrews 10:1-18
“We all drive wrecked cars we want to make look good… They are still wrecked!" ~Asil Treblig
Why Christ came:
1. The Old Testament sacrifices were insufficient. (vv.1-4)
· Real but not reality.
· Repeatedly offered.
· Restricted results.
What Christ did:
2. Christ offered an all sufficient sacrifice. (vv.5-10)
· He became the God-man.
· He was obedient unto death.
· He made us holy.
Where Christ is:
3. Seated at the right hand of God. (vv.11-18)
· He rested from His work.
· We can now rest in His work.
1. Remember a time when you tried to accomplish something and you just couldn’t do it no matter how hard you tried. Explain.
2. Read Hebrews 7:11-10:18. What was wrong with the Old Testament sacrificial system and why did people still feel guilty?
3. According to the above verses why is Christ a better High Priest and why was his sacrifice better than that of animals?
4. Read Romans 8:1-4. What do these verses say about those who have believed in Christ? How should we feel about our sin, past and present?
5. Are you living a law filled life, or a grace filled life? What expectations are you placing on other believers?