Unapologetic About God’s Revelation
God has made himself known to anyone who wants to know Him, and to everyone else for that matter. ~ C.S.Lewis
We unapologetically believe that God has revealed himself in two ways:
1. God’s General Revelation, to all persons, at all times, in all places through:
a. Nature (Psalm 19:1-4; Romans 1:20)
b. History (Job 12:23; Acts 17:24-28)
c. Humanity (Romans 2:11-16)
2. God’s Special Revelation, to particular persons, at particular times and places to enable people to enter a redemptive relationship with Him through:
a. His Word. The bible is the inspired, inerrant, authoritative word of God.
(2 Timothy 3:16,17)
b. His Son, the incarnation of God Jesus Christ.
1. Remember a time when you really felt that God was communicating with you. Explain.
2. How would you explain to someone that God exists on the basis of general revelation?
3. Read 2 Peter 11:19-21. What insights does this give us about the Bible?
4. Read Mt.12:39,40. What do we learn about how Jesus felt about the O.T. scriptures?
5. How can you spend more time praising God for his revelation to us and knowing him more through them?