Read (Matthew 6:25-34)
“We all worry, and no matter how we try to justify it, it’s wrong… I worry about that” ~Asil Treblig
1. Worry is unnecessary…
because of who we serve! (v.19)
2. Worry is untrusting…
because of who we are! (vv.26-30)
3. Worry is unreasonable…
because of our calling! (vv.31-33)
4. Worry is unwise…
because of our future! (v.34)
· Jesus modeled trust and contentment.
· Jesus showed us Kingdom living.
· In what ways can you trust more and worry less?
· Are you living out Kingdom values?
1. Remember a time when you were worried about something. How did it turn out? Did worrying about it change the outcome?
2. Read John 10:11-15 and 1 Peter 5:7. What do these verses tell us to do and why.
3. Read Ps.55:22 and Proverbs 12:25. What insight can you gain about worry.
4. Read Phil.4:4-9;19,20. What additional insights on worry are gained from these verses?
5. What are you worrying about today? Why not pray, give it to our Good Shepherd and trust Him to take care of it?