Jesus Taught Us: Extravagant Compassion
Read Luke 10:25-37 in preparation.
Sermon Coming Soon!
“Love and compassion are necessities not luxuries, without them humanity cannot survive.” -Unknown
1. Is blind.
2. Is apathetic.
3. Is inexcusable.
4. Is unconditional.
5. Is uncomfortable.
6. Is sacrificial.
7. Is Christ - like.
1. Recall a time when you needed or experienced receiving extravagant compassion. How did it feel?
2. In reading the Parable of the Good Samaritan which character in the story do you most relate to and why?
3. Read Matthew 7:12 and write it down in your own words. Why don’t we always practice this? How might we practice it more?
4. Read James 2:14-17, what is the main point? What then is a good test of our faith?
5. Consider Christ’s example of extravagant compassion on the cross. What are some ways you can choose to love first this week?