Jesus & Righteousness
Read Matthew 5:17-20
“The righteousness that God requires of us is a bar that none of us could ever jump over. Good thing Jesus is the best high jumper… ever!” ~Asil Treblig
1. The Law has been fulfilled by ______.
2. The Law will continue until everything is accomplished by ______.
3. The Law was not disregarded by ______.
4. The Law will lead us to _____________ in Christ.
· Jesus was 100% obedient…what’s your percentage?
· Is the law still leading you to grace?
· Are you more and more thankful to Jesus?
· Are you quick to judge, or quick to be gracious?
· What is seen more in you... Christ or the law?
1. Remember a time in your life when you had to follow a bunch of rules. How did you measure up?
2. Read Matthew 5:17-20. What does it mean to you that Jesus came not to do away with the law but to fulfill it?
3. In what ways did Jesus fulfill the law and how does that transfer to us today?
4. Read Galatians 3:1-25. Write down any thoughts in regards to salvation by faith or by the law. What do these verses say about the purpose of the law and about how we are saved?
5. In what way are you still living under the law? What extra rules have you made up about church, living the Christian life, and about others?
Blanks: Christ, Christ, Christ, righteousness.