Jesus Justice: Jesus & Favoritism
Read James 2:1-13
Favoritism (Greek - Prosoplempsia): Lifting up someones face with idea of judging only by their appearance.
1. Do not show __________. (v. 1)
2. Judging people by their __________. (vv. 2,3)
3. Favoritism is discrimination and ____. (v. 4)
4. It doesn’t match with God’s _________. (vv. 5-7)
5. Blatant discrimination is ______. (vv. 8-11)
6. Show your genuine faith and be ________. (vv. 12,13)
Going Deeper Questions
1. Remember a time when you may have been judged by your appearance. How did it make you feel?
2. Read James 2:10-11. What is discrimination to you. What does James call discrimination?
3. Read Job 34:10-19. What do these verses say about God. What then does it say about those who follow God?
4. Read Acts 10:23-40. What did Peter learn about God? How is this applied to the church today and in your personal life?
5. Search your heart to discover any ways you may be showing favoritism. Ask God to change your heart and intentionally look for ways to reach out to all people.
Blanks: 1. favoritism, 2. appearance, 3. evil, 4. character, 5. murder, 6. merciful.