God's Got a Calling
Read 1 Peter 4:1-11
“If we used half of the super powers God has equipped us with to fulfill our calling, they would be making movies about us." - Asil Treblig
Our calling to live for God is hard, especially in challenging times, so let's make sure we equip ourselves with...
1. The _______ of Christ.
2. The ____ of God.
3. The _______ of God.
4. The _________ with God.
5. The ____ of God.
6. The _____ of God.
7. The ________ of God.
Going Deeper Questions
1. What does it mean to you to live for God? Explain a time when you did this well...and not so well.
2. Read Ephesians 4:1-5:2. What is the calling we have received as Gods’ people? What are some things in 4:1-6 that we are asked to do to maintain unity.
3. What does verse 7 and 8 mean? What is this grace that was given to us by Christ? According to verse 12 what is the job of church leadership and why...to what end?
4. In verses 17-24...what did your old life look like? What should your life in Christ look like? Write down some things discussed in verses 25-32 that you can do to shine for Christ.
5. In verses 5:1,2 whose example should we follow and what are some things you can do right now to start living for God in a more life changing and impacting way?
Blanks: 1. example, 2. will, 3. justice, 4. communion, 5. love, 6. grace, 7. strength