...With Submission 11.3.19
"Getting Real" draws from the Epistle of James. Pastor Craig Gilbert helped us look into what it looks like to be REAL with submission.
Read James 4:1-12 in preparation.
“He who lives only for himself confers on the world a benefit when he dies.”
Get real with submission by understanding...
1. The cause of the problem.(vv.1,2)
A pleasure seeking problem with self.
A persistent problem with self.
A personal problem with self.
2. The results of the problem.(vv.3-6)
It leads us to sin towards others.
It leads us not to pray.It leads us to pray with wrong motives.
It leads us to see our need for grace.
3. The solution to the problem.(v.7-10)
Place yourself in proper order to God.
Place yourself in proper order to the devil.
Place yourself in humility before God.
1. In what ways can we be motivated by our own pleasures or desires?
2. What is friendship with the world? What does it look like in our life?
3. Why does James describe this as adultery?
4. What does the word submit mean, and why is it so hard to do?
5. In what ways do you see your Christian life being compromised?