...With our W.M.D 10.20.19
"Getting Real" draws from the Epistle of James. Pastor Craig Gilbert helped us look into what it looks like to be REAL with our weapon of mass destruction.
Read James 3:1-12 in preparation.
“Medical doctors measure physical health by how the tongue looks. The Great
Physician measures spiritual health by how the tongue acts.”
W.M.D.:Weapon of mass destruction is a term used to describe munitions with the capacity to indiscriminately kill or injure a large number of human beings.
Get real with your W.M.D by…
1. Realizing its potential to corrupt. (v.1)
2. Realizing its power to control.(v.2-5)
3. Realizing its propensity to consume. (v.5,6)
4. Realizing its powerless to concede. (v.7,8)
5. Realizing its proneness to contention.
1. Why is it easy for teachers to make mistakes?
2. What do horses, ships, forest fires, and the human body have in common?
3. Read Pr.13:3, 21:23, and 1Pe.3:10. Do these verses reinforce what James is saying?
If so how?
4. Read Titus 2:7,8. What does soundness of speech mean and why should we show it?
5. If no one can tame the tongue, do you think James 3:10 presents an impossible demand? Why or why not?