The CHURCH: Getting the Most Out of Sunday
“The great end of life is not the accumulation of knowledge, but what you do with it." ~Aldous Huxley
For Sunday to really make a difference…
1. Prepare yourself to meet. (Hebrews 12:18-29)
· With God
· With His people
Are you doing your best to prepare for Sunday morning?
Are you planning your week around Sunday?
2. Participate in the worship. (Hebrews 12:18-29)
· Listen to the music and sing.
· Listen to the message.
Are you checking the world at the door?
Are you worshiping God with your ears?
3. Practice what was preached. (James 1:22-25)
· Be a doer.
· Be a lover of people.
Is what you have learned being practiced throughout the week?
Is what you have learned being expressed in love towards others?
1. Remember a time when you really prepared yourself for Sunday morning service. Did it make a difference? Explain.
2. How are you preparing yourself for the service now? Is your week planned around Sunday morning?