Read 1 Peter 3:1-7
“Marriage is a living, visible example of the oneness we have in Christ... let's not blow it!" - Asil Treblig
Even in times of uncertainty God’s got marriage as a living example of oneness, but lets make sure of our role.
Wives, be submissive and….
1. Be ________ to your husband.(v.1)
2. Be _________ before your husband. (v.2)
3. Be _________ of your husbands. (v.2)
Husbands, be submissive and ….
4. Be ___________ and understanding of your wives. (v.7)
5. Be __________ and chivalrous. (v.7)
6. Be ______ in divine grace. (v.7
Going Deeper Questions
1. If you are or were married recount a time when you struggled to get along with your spouse. If you’ve never been married, what do you think will be the hardest part of being married and why?
2. Read Ephesians 5:21-33. What does it mean to submit to one another in verse 21? What do you think it means for the husband to be the head of the wife? How does this relate to mutual submission?
3. What major comparisons does Paul make to marriage in these passages? Why are they significant?
4. What does it mean for husbands to love their wives like Christ loves the church?
5. How does God’s word prepare us for marriage and keep us on the right track once we are wed?
Blanks: 1. faithful, 2. blameless, 3. respectful, 4. considerate, 5. respectful, 6. equals.