DTR: Defining the Relationship... with Me
“It’s easier to point the finger at someone else, than it is to point and look in a mirror.” ~.Asil Treblig
My part in the covenant starts with…
1. My faith in Jesus Christ as my Lord and Savior.
My new life in Christ will produce in me a genuine desire to do things that God asks of me. Like…
2. Joining a local body of believers.
3. Attending events regularly. (Hebrews 10:24,25)
4. Giving generously as God leads. (2 Corinthians 9:6-15)
5. Serving enthusiastically as God equips. (1 Corinthians 12:4-11)
6. Working biblically through conflict. (Matthew 18:15-17)
7. Praying fervently for Haven. (1 Thessalonians 5:17)
8. Living humbly in community.
Remember a time when you were in a relationship (business, personal, etc.). What happens when someone doesn’t live up to their end of the relationship?
Read 1 John 2:15-17. What do these verses say about serving the world?
Read Ephesians 2:8-11. What do these verses say about serving God?
Read 1Thessalonians 1:1-10. What insight can we gain from these verses about our service to God?
In what ways are you living up to your end of the covenant? In what ways do you need to step it up?