Defining the Relationship: The Resounding Results
“Fulfilling promises is not something that God does… it’s a part of who He is” ~Asil Treblig
The BIG 5 Promises of God…
1. God promises to save us. (Romans 1:16, 17)
From our sin.
By grace, through faith.
With impugned righteousness.
2. God promises to provide for us. (1Peter 1:3, 4)
Every spiritual need.
All we need for life and holiness.
3. God promises to give life to us. (John 10:10)
Meaningful and full of purpose.
Abundant and eternal.
4. God promises to love us. (Isaiah 31:3; Romans 5:8)
5. God promises real hope for us. (John 3:16, 36; 1 Peter 1:3, 4)
Of eternal life.
Think of a time when someone promised you something and didn’t come through. How did you feel?
Can you think of a promise that God has made that he hasn’t or won’t fulfill?
Write down as many of God’s promises as you can think of and then meditate on them.
Which one is your favorite one and why? Share this with someone this week.
What are some promises we have made to God? Which one do you struggle with the most?