"Getting Real" draws from the Epistle of James. Pastor Craig Gilbert helped us look into what it looks like to be REAL with patience.
Read James 5:7-12 in preparation.
“Patience is a bitter plant……but it bears sweet fruit.”
TO Get real with PATIENCE WE MUST FIRST...
Understand patience ……
· Endure hardship as discipline.
· This enduring may last awhile.
· This is for your good and God’s glory.
But to be patient we must...
1. Look for the Lord’s return. (v.7)
2. Stand firm in our faith. (v.8)
3. Get along with one another. (v.9)
4. Look to those who have persevered. (v.10)
1. How does being impatient make you feel and why?
2. Why does James tell us to be patient until the Lord’s coming?
Couldn’t that be a long time?
3. Read Job 42:1-16. What did the Lord finally bring about in Jobs life?
How could the Lord bless you through patience?
4. Read 1 Peter 3:8-18. How do these verses show God’s patience with us?
How, according to these verses, can we patiently endure?
5. How is God testing your patience now? What can you do to patiently endure?