"Getting Real" draws from the Epistle of James. Pastor Craig Gilbert helped us look into what it looks like to be REAL with all people. Read James 2:14-26 in preparation.
"Inaction has never founded empires, established principles, or changed the world’s heart. The great doers in history have always been people of faith.”
- B.C. Forbes
Get real with your faith and show it, because…
1. Our faith is genuine.
2. We love God and people.
3. Faith and works are inseparable.
4. Faith produces works.
IMPORTANT QUESTIONS TO ASK YOURSELF...
When I die where will I spend eternity?
How sure of that are you?
If I am the only Christ follower someone ever meets would they be drawn to Jesus or run from Him?
1. Read Ephesians 2:8,9. How are we saved and what part does good works play?
2. According to James what does a dead faith look like? What about a living faith?
3. Read Matt3:7-10. What is the fruit that is talked about and what were the religious leaders guilty of?
4. According to Matt. 5:13-16 what happens when we show good fruit?
5. What kind of fruit are you showing in your life and how can you produce more?