1 Thessalonians 5:16-18
“For children of God giving thanks should be as natural as breathing… and just as important!" -Asil Treblig
Joy, prayer, and thanksgiving should not be something we do… they are things we are.
So let’s be in God’s ____ by:
1. Being ______. (v. 16)
2. Being _________. (v. 17)
3. Being ________. (v. 18)
1. Think of a time in your life when it was hard to be joyful, hard to pray, and hard to give thanks. What did you do?
2. Does joy come naturally or is it a choice? Explain.
3. Read Ephesians 6:18. According to this verse how and when should we pray?
4. Find five verses that tell us to give thanks. Read and meditate on them and write down a few insights.
5. What are some practical ways you can find joy, pray, and give thanks during these trying times?
Blanks: will, Joyful, Prayerful, Thankful.