We began a new sermon series this Sunday entitled "Getting Real", which draws from the Epistle of James. Pastor Craig kicked things off, looking at how we can get real and show our faith in times of trial. Read James 1:1-8 in preparation.
“We are always in the forge, or on the anvil; by trials God is shaping us for higher things.”
- Henry Ward Beecher, Clergyman and social reformer
Get real and show your faith in trials by...
1. Having an attitude of joy.(v.2)
2. Having developed perseverance.(v.3)
3. Having become complete.(v.4)
4. Having Godly wisdom.(vs.5)
5. Having a firm faith.(vs.6-8)
1. Read 1Peter 1:3-7. What further insight do these passages bring to the trials of life?
2. How do we show our faith in trials?
3. What are some specific ways that God has tested your faith?
4. How has your faith grown through your trials?
5. How would you encourage someone else who was going through trials?