Be People of Service 2.23.20
Read I Corinthians 12:1-26 in preparation.
“Living in allegiance to God and serving Him daily is the greatest calling and blessing in life, yet it is also the most taken for granted!” -Asil Treblig
As people of service we have to know that:
1. We are empowered to serve. (vs.1-3)
2. We are gifted to serve. (v.4)
3. We are energized to serve. (v.6)
4. We are chosen to serve. (v.11)
5. We are needed to serve. (v.21)
1. The two major words for servant in the New Testament are bond slave and deacon, both reflect the strong idea of being sold out to God and others. What do you think of that? Does that reflect your life?
2. Read Deuteronomy 11:13-15. Write out in your own words the “if then” statement God tells Moses. Would that apply to your life today?
3. Read Romans 12. What do you think it means to offer your body as a living sacrifice?
4. What does the author Paul preface his teaching about spiritual gifts within verses 3-8? Why do you think he does that?
5. Paul then writes in verses 9-12 about love, what is the significance of that?
6. Are you serving God and others with all your heart, soul, and mind? What is hindering you?