The CHURCH: From Heaven's Perspective
“When we see the unseen our faith comes alive” ~Asil Treblig
From God’s perspective the Church is:
1. The bride of Christ. (Ephesians 5:24-32; 2Co.11:1-3)
a. Christ is the Groom. (Ephesians 3:29)
2. The body of Christ. (Ephesians 1:22,23)
a. We are the parts. (Ephesians 5:30)
b. Christ is the Head. (Ephesians 5:23)
3. The building of Christ. (Ephesians 2:19-22)
a. We are living stones. (1Peter 2:5)
b. Christ is the Chief Cornerstone. (Ephesians 2:20)
4. The branches of Christ. (John 15:1-5)
a. We are to display Christlike fruit.
b. Christ is the vine.
5. A bunch of Sheep. (John 10:11)
a. Christ is the Shepherd.
1. What are your initial thoughts when you think of the Church?
2. How might our attitudes and actions change if we really saw the Church as God does?
3. Read Malachi 3:16-18 and Zechariah 2:8. How do these verses describe the Church and how do you feel about that?
4. Read Ephesians 2:11-22. What other insights do we gain about the Church from these verses?
5. Does this study help you to think differently about yourself and other church members?