Read Matthew 5:14-16
“Jesus said we are the salt and light of the world... no pressure, but people can’t live without salt or light.” ~Asil Treblig
Because of who we are in Christ, we, and we alone are:
1. The ____ of the earth.
· To halt the decay of sin.
· To be the spice of genuine life.
· To save as many as possible.
2. The _____ of the world.
· We need to be visible.
· We need to be in the light.
· We need to light the way.
· What are you doing to show off more for Christ?
· Is the light growing within you?
· Are you covering your light or diluting your saltiness?
· Who are you being salt and light to?
1. Remember a time when you were looked upon to be an example of Christ likeness. How did it feel and how did you do?
2. Read Mt.5:13-16 and use your name before “you” and make it as personal as possible. Does it change the meaning at all…explain?
3. Read John 1:1-9 and 8:12. Explain how Jesus is the light of the world.
4. Read Ephesians 5:1-16. Write down any insights on what light looks like in comparison to darkness.
5. In what specific ways and to whom can you be salt and light?
Blanks: salt, light.