1 Peter 4:12-19
“For the joy of the cross Jesus went through hardships, trials, and suffering… we should be eager to do the same for Him." - Asil Treblig
Even in difficult times we can have joy, and it comes in Christ-like suffering, so we should….
1. ______ suffering for Christ. (v. 12)
2. _______ in suffering for Christ. (vv. 13,14)
3. ________ our suffering for Christ. (vv. 15-18)
4. _____ in suffering for Christ. (v.19)
Going Deeper Questions
1. Remember a time when you suffered for Christ. Was it hard to find joy? Why or why not?
2. What is joy to you? What brings you joy? Is joy a verb or a noun for you?
3. Read Galatians 5:13-26. What are the fruits of the Spirit which are listed. Are these attributes of a believer something we work at or surrender to...explain? Which one is the most difficult for you to exhibit in your life and why.
4. Why does Paul say against the fruits of the Spirit there is no law? If you are living in the Spirit should you be afraid of condemnation or judgment?
5. What are some areas of your life that you should be suffering for Christ more? If you were living in the Spirit would it be as difficult?
Blanks: 1. Expect, 2. Rejoice, 3. Evaluate, 4. Trust